Today, I’m linking up with all of my friends over at Mississippi Women Bloggers. (If you’re a blogger and you’re interested in MSWB, come on over and get acquainted! Click the “JOIN MSWB” tab at the top and get involved!)
So here goes…
1. Are you a morning or night person? Definitely night person. Hubs has accused me of being part vampire.
2. Are you a collector of anything? When I was a child, I had a spoon collection. You know, the little spoons that serve as souvenirs from places you’ve been. Now, I don’t really collect anything. Except fonts. I have 845 fonts on my computer.
3. If you were given 1 million dollars, what do you do with it? In this order: give some to the church, pay off any debts, plush out the kids’ college funds, fix up our house, find a job with a lot of flexibility, and then travel. A lot.
4. What is your worst pet peeve? People who go the wrong way down one-way parking lot lanes.
5. What is the best thing about your hometown? (Psst…we’d love to hear all about it in a guest post for August’s “Local Flavor” theme.) Laurel, Mississippi has a rich heritage of artists of all kinds, and that legacy lives on today. Just off the top of my head, I can think of painters, photographers, musicians, writers, graphic designers, actors, culinary artists (and more) that I know personally.
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, and your iPod could only hold 10 songs, what would they be (assuming the battery lasts forever, of course)? The answer to this could change daily, but it is highly likely that there would be some Johnny Cash, some Aerosmith, and a good bit of country in there. Also possibly some old school No Doubt and Evanescence. Ring of Fire, Dream On, Just a Girl, Bring Me to Life. But I would also want a few of the Southern Gospel favorites I was raised on – Midnight Cry, for one.
7. If you could have a do-over in only one area of your life, would you want one? And if so, what would it be? The things I would consider doing over are things I did that hurt others. However, there is power and redemption in forgiveness, in the giving and the receiving.
8. What is your absolute favorite meal. (Pretend calories don’t exist.) This is a hard one for me because there are so many different kinds of foods that I love, from cheeseburgers to sushi. Right now, my favorite thing is a medium rare salmon filet.
9. Do you have a hero? If so, who is it? I have a few. My parent, who had me very late in life, and also my husband, who put up with all of my insanity. (Then again, I put up with his.)